Saturday, March 8, 2008

today is the day.

Hey everyone,
Sorry I have been M.I.A. for the past few days, I'm visiting my family out west! Pete, the babe and I are having a wonderful, relaxing time. I will post pictures when we return later in the week.
I just wanted to pop in and remind you all that today is International Womens Day. One in three women suffer from domestic abuse. It is not just happening to strangers. It is happening to our friends, family, and neighbours. It's happening to us.
Life starts with a Mama and child. The way we raise our children, literally, helps shape the future of the world. If you are a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle or friend, you can help change the world through the eyes of a child. I want to raise a babe who is aware of the problems in the world, educate him on how to make changes, love him and teach him to love others.
This is it. It starts now, with us.
UN International Womens Day information for children
Faces of Survivors-Voices Reclaimed photo project
Stop Violence Against Women Amnesty International
End Violence coaching boys into men
Have a fantastic weekend! Let the women in your life know how much you love and respect them!

No comments:

Post a Comment