Tuesday, February 19, 2008

february 10

Well, February has always been a tough one for me. The excitement of winter and the magic of the holidays are long gone, and I find myself in quite a funk. A February funk, if you will. Although it is the shortest month, this year in particular, I am finding it rather long. It's a challenging parenting month, because all I want to do is curl up with a good book, take long, hot baths, and watch old movies. Which doesn't really work with a curious 7 month old babe! Because we can't venture outside to play, it has been a lot of inside games and make believe, which is wonderful, but I need to shake things up a bit! So, because I seem to get a little down this time of year, I am going to try and be super appreciative of the beauty around me and make a list of things I love...

1. Curling up with my darling on the couch after the babe has gone to sleep with some yummy homemade pizza and soup.
Dsc02509_2
2. The sunsets in Deep River.
P1060035
3. These incredibly cute cheeks.
P1020016_2
4. Quietly listening to Leonard Cohen and Tom Waits all day long.
5. Dreaming of moving to the country.
6. Henry's new smile, where he throws his head back and chuckles. Kills me!

Dsc02522_2
7. How wonderfully playful and loving Pete is with the two of us.
P1060682
8. How I am totally digging my yoga course.
9. This beautiful photo my Father-In-Law took of my angel.
P1020020crop
10. All of the possibilities the future holds!
Hope you are all staying warm and remembering the special things that make you smile!  

No comments:

Post a Comment