Tuesday, February 5, 2008

slow life movement

A few days ago, Pete was driving to work, following a dump truck. The truck caught an overhead cable attached to a lamp post and pulled the whole lamp post down on top of our minivan. (i drive a minivan. i know...) Well, just thank god the babe wasn't in the car, because he sits in the back, where the crash occurred. Scary stuff. My love is okay, but we are vehicle-free for a few days. Which, actually, is great, because I want to walk more anyways, but a bummer as well, because you can't drive a stroller around in the snow.
Dsc02356
Pete is also sick, poor angel, so it's a lot of tea, napping, and quiet time around these parts. Well, not so quiet actually, because Henry has developed quite the set of lungs. Henry LOVES to talk. But, that is just music to our ears, so sing away, my sweet love.
Dsc02371
Dsc02372
Actually, this change of pace is perfect for me, because I have been trying to slow things down anyways. More lingering, less hurrying. More time with the babe, less time in front of a screen. More doing and less agonizing about what needs to be done.
So this week, I think its going to be more of this, mixed with some yoga, studying and cooking. I just made some delicious hummus, if I do say so myself, and this week I'm going to tackle some soup, marinated tofu and maybe a pizza!
Have a great week! Slow down!

Dsc02381
Cilantro, Jalepeno Hummus, adapted from 28cooks!
2 cloves garlic, minced (i just threw in whole cloves)
2 (15oz) can garbanzo beans
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp  lime juice
1/2 c olive oil
1-2 jalepenos, seeded and chopped
3/4 c cilantro
In blender, puree garlic, beans, salt and lime juice. Slowly stream in oil until well blended. Stir in jalepenos and cilantro. (I just threw it all in the blender, to be honest, and it was divine. Plus, tons of pepper!) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment