Saturday, February 13, 2010

my man.


Dance me to your beauty
with a burning violin
Dance me through the panic
till I'm gathered safely in
Lift me like an olive branch
and be my homeward dove
Dance me to the end of love

-Leonard Cohen


Pete has never been one for over-the-top gestures when it comes to traditional celebrations. Typically, I am fine with that (as long as he doesn't forget Mother's Day) but the other night he gave me the sweetest gift I could have ever asked for.
We had just finished putting the boys to bed, and my love met me in the hallway. He reached out for me and told me that he loved me. He told me that he appreciates all I do for our family; how I take care of him and the boys, keep a clean home, and feed them healthy meals. He told me that he knew how much of myself I sacrifice to be a mama and said he was so very grateful to have me as a partner. He told me I was beautiful, all the while wrapping me in a powerful and warm embrace.
Brought tears to my eyes to hear those words.
Sometimes its nice just to hear those words.


Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours!

3 comments: